SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rjinga

Commercial AC Question

rjinga
11 years ago

I am leasing a space (6,000 square ft) which is one big open space, with about a dozen vents spaced evenly throughout in 2 rows running front to back of the space.

The air handler/coil? is a dinosauer and have had a few companies tell me its not repairable and the coils etc have been compromised.

The landlord and owner are dragging their feet and are giving me the run around, primarily I assume because they realize that this is going to be a big ticket job.

I've been told it will require 2 7.5 ton units and that the duct system is usable. Also that the big giant coil thingie would have to be removed and the new units would go where it is now.

I'm wondering what it will take cost wise to run these big units to cool this space. my store is open 5 days a week approximately 6 hours a day. And we have 100% T-12 flourescent lighting inside, everything is electric. And what amount of time it would normally take someone to install all of this, and I realize this is a great variable, but what would one expect to pay for 2 big units like this? The estimates are quite different.

any suggestions on what should be used, if I'm in any position to make suggestions?

Comments (2)