SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beth_cing

Carrier AC but ADP coil?

beth_cing
10 years ago

I'm planning to add AC unit to our 2000sq ft house in Bay Area. We currently have 58cvx110-12120 Carrier Infinity furnace.

Some contractor suggests to match the AC with the Infinity unit as well (which is more expensive): 16 SEER, model 24ANB642A003. However the coil suggested is C48A210C156 (I believe it's a 3rd party coil). His reason is it's cheaper + it can fit easier underneath my furnace so they dont have to remove the furnace since i already have an empty space but it's only ~21" tall

I can only qualify for $300 federal tax rebate if I use a bigger coil which is 24" tall (will cost $450 more) but was told that my closet might not be able to fit.

I can save some money if go with the 13 SEER unit 24ABB348W003 and again they suggest the ADP coil C48A210C156.

I'm concerned about this coil that they suggested. I've seen another post in this forum where the poster was suggested to get a matching Carrier coil instead but I've already read that ADP coil is actually better than Carrier??? I believe Carrier coil is now aluminum instead of the suggested tin-plated coil (which would last better + less leakage). I can't find any info about C48A210C156, even on ADP website. Is it tin-plated?

Is it ok for me to just stick with the basic 13 SEER unit? Should i insist on Carrier coil?

Thanks~~

Comments (20)