SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sbm321

Do you have a home alarm system?

Sueb20
14 years ago

We're toying with the idea of getting one, but I really know nothing about them or what we'd need. Someone tried to break into our house over the weekend. They didn't get in -- they pushed a window partway in and knocked a ceramic pot onto the floor from the counter, and we assume the crash scared them off. They had also cut and removed outdoor speakers on our deck, but left the speakers there, again we assume they got scared and ran off quickly without the speakers. We live in a very nice neighborhood in a nice, low-crime town, but our next door neighbor's house was broken into a couple of months ago, too. So we're feeling a little vulnerable and even though we have two "watchdogs" (a joke... they are goofy bulldogs), I am thinking we'd use an alarm system mainly when we're away for weekends or vacations (we were away this weekend during this attempted breakin). So just wondering if you have a system, what type it is, whether it's easy to use, etc. I have no experience in this area and not even sure what the options are. We just want something simple.

Comments (9)