SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
silver2_gw

Looking for crochet hat pattern

silver2
18 years ago

Found a lovely crochet hat on one of the free pattern sites. It was like a watch cap, but a bit poufy on top, had a nice edging. Not a watch cap or a beret, but a fairly simple looking hat. The maker stated she didn't really have a pattern, but just kept crocheting in the round. Which did not help me, as I would need a pattern to know how big to make it slightly poufy in the top part and than taper it down to the three or four rows of edging. I have been to several craftsites that boast free patterns and looked at about 100 patterns to see if I could find something similar, but no luck. Was a very feminine looking hat and not a pull over to the side or back sacque hat. Wonder if anyone has directions that would make a similar hat. No brim, no rolled front, just a delicate edging and light pouf on the top, fairly closed stitches, think she said she just used a half double crochet and kept going in the round until she had the desired top. Frustrating, as now I cannot even find the original picture of it.

Any help would be appreciated.

TIA

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Creating Thoughtful, Livable Spaces For You in Franklin County
More Discussions