SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sandy_in_ia

I Just Don't Get It.........

sandy_in_ia
13 years ago

Why are all the reports about Elizabeth Edwards' will so shocked that she didn't include John!??!? Why would she?? Why should she?? I am sure that he has his own money and she was protecting HER children!

Comments (10)

• vannie
    13 years ago

I would have been shocked if she HAD included him. The media looks for anything to make a fuss about. Simple. It will all blow over. No big deal.

• dotmom
    13 years ago

I totally agree. He has moved back to the home they shared, or at least, where she lived before she passed away. I wonder if he'll move his mistress in.

• bee0hio
    13 years ago

Just because they report it doesn't mean they are "shocked" does it? I mean, who actually IS shocked? The fact that they are reporting it, is due to all the drama & intrigue with the "whole" of that situation, IMO. I found it slightly interesting that her will had only been updated 6 days before she passed. But then again, maybe she had taken John out longer ago than that?

• susanjf_gw
    13 years ago

dot..i've been wondering the same thing...bet older dd would have something to say about that! she was left in charge..

although on the other hand, the kids do have the right to know their half sibling...the child can't help it if the parents are less than careful!

we have a relative who was shunned by her birth father, grandmother (who lived in the same town) and 2 half sisters, all because birth-dad didn't want another child...(they were married)

• nicole_ont
    13 years ago

I saw it reported under "5 Famous Estate Shockers". I was wondering what the shock was too.

• User
    13 years ago

I think Vannie nailed it. The media will try to make a huge controversial deal out of anything they can. If they figure out that no one's paying attention, they'll move on.

• alisande
    13 years ago

I wonder why wills are a matter of public record. It seems odd, particularly in light of how picky our government has become about privacy issues.

• amyfiddler
    13 years ago

sorry.no.spacebar

I.think.it's.titilating.news.because.it's.one.last.thumb.to.the.nose.to.John.to.have.this.as.a.headline....Everyone.
    knows.that.everyone's.thinking.the.same.thing..."Meh...."

Sorry.for.no.spaces....Couldn't.help.but.pipe.in...

• summer_tx
    13 years ago

Like Vannie, I would have been VERY shocked had she left the bum a dime. But no, I wasn't the least bit shocked to hear she hadn't.

• marie_ndcal
    13 years ago

We had a situation with my brother. My parent's lawyer told them if they cut him out completely he could contest the will, but if they left him $1.00 it would be a bit more difficult. Not sure why, or if things have changed. But after they passed away, I set it up that he got his share spread out over a period of time, Not much involved, it was the idea. He wasn't a bad man, just a bit misguided.