SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amybo_gw

Advantium + another microwave? 2 dishwashers? Oven under cooktop

amybo
12 years ago

We are remodeling our kitchen and have a few questions:

1) Do I need another microwave in addition to GE advantium oven?

I plan to use the GE advantium oven as the microwave/oven combo. In addition to the regular oven, this would allow us to have 2 ovens for the holiday cooking. People also seem to prefer the advantium over traditional oven due to faster cooking time. Since I am anticipating that I may use the advatinum oven for baking, I may end up with no microwave while the advantum is ued. My kitchen is not huge. I can make room for another microwave drawer or countertop microwave in the pantry but I would loose precious storage space. I would like to hear from advantium users if they think another microwave is needed.

2) 2 dishwashers?

We have a large island, so we could potentially put in another dishwasher. We dont host a lot of big parties, so it's not the amount of dishes we need to wash during parties. We have 4 people in the house. With 2 busy teenagers and 2 working parents, the dishwasher does not get unloaded. So we end up putting dirty dishes in the sink (rather than straight into the dishwasher) and someone will need to load the dish washers later. I am considering putting 2 dish washers, so we can put dirty dishes directly into the dirty dishwasher. We also dont need to unload the clean dishwasher. We dont like the double drawers dishwasher - bad service record and dont clean dishes very well. Does anyone have 2 full size dishwashers? Do you think it's a overkill or you are glad that you have 2 dishwashers? Do people get confused which one has clean dishes and which one has dirty dishes?

3) Oven under the cooktop?

We plan to use induction cooktop. My husband thinks it's better to have the oven away from the cooktop. I thought putting the oven under the cooktop would allow people to switch to gas range if they don't like the induction when we sell the house. What do you think?

Comments (4)