SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annie1992_gw

Cooking all at once...

annie1992
13 years ago

When it rains, it pours, I guess. The new boss decided we needed a potluck tomorrow and so I agreed to bring a quiche and a pan of lasagna. He's making shrimp and grits, so we've just hit two of my....um....favorites. (grin) No damage to my diet so far.....

Amanda just got a job, working 3rd shift at a local assisted living facility as a CNA, and I have Friday off, so I'd agreed to take the kids overnight and we'd go to lunch the next day and that we'd make Ann T's cream cheese danish for them to take to the "other Grandma's" for Easter breakfast.

That was just before I got the phone call that Aunt LulaBelle passed away on Monday. She was a force of nature and they did a lovely obituary about how she loved gardening and canning and playing with her Grandkids. All true, they just didn't mention that she did it all with a glass of Canadian Mist in one hand and a cigarette in the other, and she outlived her fifth husband. She lived life at full speed and left on her own terms, so it's all good. She was 76, my Dad's sister, and there's only one sibling left, my Aunt Ellen. Anyway, I need to make scalloped potatoes for the funeral luncheon.

Oh, and did I mention that I'm cooking Easter dinner?

Is this just me, or does everyone have lives that just go crazy in spurts, and do you cook for all of them?

and LindaC, how many potatotes would you peel for scalloped potatoes for 50?

Annie

Comments (32)