SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
neetsiepie

Hoarder neighbor

neetsiepie
14 years ago

Our next door neighbor is a hoarder, and his elderly mother lives with him. She's got Alzheimers. Our neighbor is a super nice guy, but we've got real issues about his property, and now, we're convinced we've got rodents because of him.

During a severe heat wave last month, he told us that he'd taken 5 baths a day to cool off, but made no mention of his mom. I'm sure he cared for her, but she was inside that sweltering house the whole time.

We've (annonymously) called the County on him for the horrible condition of his houses (he owns several on our block) and the enforcement officer said she didn't see much wrong. She made him take the tires holding down the tarps on his roof, but did not do anything else. The neighbor told another neighbor he won't fix up his properties because he doesn't want his property taxes raised.

We've talked with other neighbors who are just as disgusted as we are. We've also talked to him about his place but he finds excuses, or does a bare minimum to get people off his back, then he's back at it. As I said, he's a terrific neighbor otherwise. But now that there are rodents at my house, I'm really disgusted.

So what would you do in our situation?

Comments (7)