SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stinky_gardener

Homeowner's Insurance?

stinky-gardener
14 years ago

I have my homeowner's insurance with Amica. I had never heard of this company until we bought our house 3 yrs. ago. I did research & found that Amica was considered to be the best insurance company out there, second only to USAA which only military or ex-military can purchase.

It is expensive insurance, but we decided to go with them since they had such a great reputation. To save a little, I bundle our car insurance with them. I write a check each month for the auto policy & the homeowner's is part of our house payment. I know that our premium would be high with any company due to the part of the state in which we live, & our premium keeps going up due to increases in building costs.

Here are my questions. Have any of you encountered rate increases in the last few yrs. as well? What company do you have your coverage with & how has service been with them? I read somewhere that only 15% of homeowners ever a file a claim, so most people probably don't have an opinion about their insurer. If anyone has an opinion/experience, please share!

I wonder if I should change companies to save some money, but I don't want to be "penny-wise & pound foolish." Insurance is one of those things that if you don't use it you feel ripped off no matter what you pay, but if a day comes when you need it, you're glad you have a really good coverage plan.

Any thoughts?

Comments (21)