SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
flamingo_in_ar

Day 5 of no power....

FlamingO in AR
15 years ago

A quick check in- we lost power Tuesday and it's still off. We have a generator that we run for about an hour every 5 hours or so, so we can keep our freezers cold and pump water so we can bathe, get water for the dogs, flush toilets, etc. We have a wonderful wood stove so the house is toasty. We lost cell phones on Wednesday, had no bars at all, so I guess the towers around us were powerless, too. That finally resolved yesterday. We only have cell phones, so when you have no power, no phones and no computer (I use the cell phone to hook up to the "interwebs" lol) you feel very isolated.

We got about 1/2- 3/4 of an inch of freezing rain on Tuesday and then thankfully it turned to sleet, we accumulated about 4" of that on top of the ice. It looks like snow but it's very dense and heavy and we can walk on top of it. We've had a couple of warmer days so the ice is melted off the wires and trees but reports claim over a thousand downed poles and even more lines down. Over 100,000 peeps in our section of the state with no power.

We're in a lot better shape than some other folks, since we can heat our house and are very comfy in our nest, I feel so bad for those less fortunate. I hope the power comes back on soon, I know our power guys are working so hard to help us all, I feel sorry for them, too.

Y'all take care and I'll see you when the power's back on, it might be a few more days. We're doing fine, other than I woke up today with a shooting-pain/earache. My very first earache, too. Oh, joy! lol

Comments (17)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES