SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ntt_hou

Kitchen Refacing Completed.... PICs!

ntt_hou
16 years ago

First, I'd like to thank all of your questions, replies, suggestions and advises. I've read and learned so much from this Kitchen Forum the past year to be able to get this beautiful kitchen at my low budget.

Due to this low budget, I didn't really do a major renovation as many of you are and did. My main reason for the change was for functionality & accessibility. Yet, a few changes made such a huge different.

As mentioned previously in a few postings, I'm in a wheelchair and wanted to be able to use lower cabinets more easily.

We had fixed shelves in the cabinets and they were replaced with pull outs. We added a couple of floor cabinets to add extra usable space. We added plexiglass toward the bottom of the cabinets. These served as wheelchair bumpers =o)

A few other things such as changing the countertop and backsplash were also for my pleasure. Cabinets were repainted with an easy clean paint.

Floor tiles were already there when purchased the house. I used the Saltillo tiles as inspiration for the color choices of the kitchen and the rest of my home deco.

After 6 weeks in search for the granite and 2 additional months living on TV dinners, here are the before and after photos...

BEFORE: Wasted corner...

AFTER: New added cabinet & shelves...

BEFORE: Empty space by the cooktop in the breakfast area...

AFTER: New added cabinet & countertop space!

BEFORE: Bar Area and Kitchen...

This is what happens when you drink 'n drive in the house ;o)

BEFORE: 3 cm (1-1/4") "Tobacco Wave" Granite slab....

Granite AFTER!

No more wallpaper!

The rest of my COMPLETED KITCHEN!

Vertical view!

Comments (19)