SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jasdip1

My Mom

Jasdip
13 years ago

I'm not here much anymore. A lot of things have happened that are not positive.

Anyway, I'd like to give you an update on my Mom, and it's not good. I'd also welcome your opinions, ideas and hope.

The end of November Mom had emergency surgery, she had a punctured colon. She had diverticulitis, and has an ileostomy (a poop bag)

Her recovery is not going well..... her legs are hugely swollen, tight, and she can't walk.

They transferred her from the hospital to another one, for re-hab to get her walking and her legs to get down to proper size.

It's painful and very awkward for her to walk.....her legs are like tree trunks, are together from the top to the knees and her ankles are swollen. When she gets onto her bed she backs onto the bed and sits down but I have to lift her legs onto the bed.

Anyway, they **finally** decided to do an ultrasound last Monday and she has a blood clot.

Yesterday morning at 8:30 my step-father called to say the hospital called her to say she was passing blood clots and they are taking her to emergency.

He called last nite, after the 2 of them being in emergency all day. She is bleeding and they don't know why. They did x-rays and cat-scan and nothing shows.

SUDDENLY her blood pressure dropped to 50/46. So they admitted her to Acute-Care.

Soooo all is not well with Mom, and I wanted you to know.

Thanks for being here guys.

Comments (33)