SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
anele_gw

Need job advice, ASAP, please!

anele_gw
10 years ago

My DH has 2 job offers in hand. Two more may be coming in, but we can't consider them, of course, until they are on paper.

Edited to add one more option.

Option 1
Best potential for advancement; would have the opportunity to lead/manage/build a team, which he has never done. Commute is really bad-- 30 miles each way, much of it in city traffic. (Estimated commute = 1-1.5 hours each way.) Contract to hire after 6 months. Base pay is just OK; unknown what final salary would be, which concerns me (esp since it is always lower when not contracting). Would have to find own insurance while contracting.

Option 2
Contract job only for 6 months, but may turn into permanent position. (Not that there is such a thing anymore!) Unknown opportunities-- at this point, nothing at all that looks like a lead. Much better pay. Much closer commute (20 min. max.) Good insurance available for a better price than done privately.

Option 3
Permanent position/direct hire. Commute is great-- only a few minutes away. Opportunity exists for growth and taking more of a leadership role. Pay would be pretty good (better than before) with one significant issue. The company, it seems, pays 0 towards the insurance. The insurance is not only quite expensive, but is probably the absolute worst company to deal with (I've dealt with them all), and the coverage is poor.

Thoughts? Questions??? He needs to decide by tomorrow! He has continued to get interviews for other jobs, so he has one tomorrow and just a phone screen on Thursday. He has turned down others at this point.

This post was edited by anele on Tue, Sep 17, 13 at 11:50

Comments (26)