SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
katford_gw

Question about increasing on Debbie Bliss pattern

19 years ago

Hi All,

I'm working on the left front of an asymmetrical wrap sweater in Debbie Bliss's "Cathay" book. There's an instruction where I'm increasing and decreasing at the same time. I'm confused as to how to increase in the rib on the wrong side of the left front. Here's the instruction:

7th row (right side) K1, kfb, rib to last 19 sts, k2tog, rib to last 4 sts, k4. (87 stitches) Taking all inc sts into rib, inc at beg of 6 foll 6th rows and at the same time, dec in same way as given in 7th row at end of every right side row. (75 sts).

There's a garter stitch border that forms on the edge of the left front so it makes sense that I would have to increase in the rib, I'm just not sure what stitch I would use to increase in the rib and how to do it exactly. It's confusing that I have to increase at the beginning of the wrong side of the sweater. Do I increase the first stitch directly following the garter stitched border?

And lastly, on the decrease row, do I repeat the entire seventh row instruction including the kfb move in the beginning, or do I just perform the decrease at the end. This is the most confusing pattern I've ever done. Thanks for your indulgence and help.

Kathy

Comment (1)

Sponsored
More Discussions