SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tj_shopper

Granite Pictures Needed -- Picture of my Kitchen

tj_shopper Eng
14 years ago

Hi Everyone. IÂm new to this board. First, I want to say that I love this forum. YouÂve all given me great insight and ideas.

IÂve been in my new house for about five years now. I donÂt know what it is about the number "5", but my DH have finally given me the okay to upgrade our kitchen. When we built our home in 2004, we spent money on structural upgrades to our home, so we did not spent a lot on our kitchen. We figured we would upgrade one day and here we are. IÂve posted a picture of my current kitchen.

We are going to lengthen our kitchen by about 9 inches where the peninsula is. I am going to have the cabinet maker make me another cookie sheet cabinet (about 9 inches) and attached it to the bottom cabinet to extend it by 9 inches. (I hope this makes sense.) Then, because we are extending the length of the kitchen, I now have more room for a bigger center island. We can add another foot to the center island.

Here is my dilemma:

1. Do any of you have cabinets about the same color as mine? I want to get granite, but donÂt have a clue as to what color. My home is more "traditional" in décor. My DH wants something that would "pop", i.e. black granite. But, IÂm not feeling it. I would prefer something softer, like a Venetian Gold. I really like the Tuscan look. If you have pictures of your granite, please share. I would love to see what you did.

2. As you can tell, I have knobs on all my cabinets. I would like to switch out the drawer knobs to handles, but I donÂt think I can do that because of the "hole" situation. I know this is a dumb question, but is there anyway to change the knobs to handles?

3. Any ideas out there regarding light fixtures? Again, I like the Venetian or Tuscan look, so if you have pics, that would be greatly appreciated.

4. Last but not least, ideas for a blacksplash would help too.

Thanks all!!

tjshopper

Image link:

Comments (3)