SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vickey__mn

HELP--heel of a Christmas stocking - sorry long.

Vickey__MN
17 years ago

I don't think I'm doing this right, I'll type the directions. My problem is I think I should have fewer stitches then I seem to end up with.

1.Glossary: SL- Slip; RS - Right Side; CC Contrasting color:

I'm at a "Divide for heel" part.

Change to DP (Double Pointed Needles I assume) needles. SL first and last 16 stitches onto DP needle, having back seam at center of heel. (okay so I assume here that one needle has 16 and another has 16, or are all 16 on one needle?)

Leave center 34 stitches on st holder for instep (okay no problem here).

From RS, join CC at beg of heel sts & work back & forth on 32 heel sts as follows: Row 1: K2 together, K to last 2 sts, K2 tog (30 sts). Okay pretty straight forward. I THINK

Row 2: Purl. I can do that...okay I knit backwards, but it's the same as purling, so I'm fine here.

Row 3: *K1, SL1. Rep from * across.

Row 4: P.

Rep rows 3 and 4 until 23 rows are completed, end with a K row. OKAY here's where I'm confused a little. First I always seem to have a twist on the SL stitch on the next row, I just transfer the yarn from one Needle to the other right? Now how many stitches should I end up with on my needle when I'm done..30 right?

Next set of directions:

TURN: (I'm on the same 30 stitches right? )Row 1: P19, P2 TOG, P1 Turn.

Row 2: SL1, K10, K2 tog, K1, Turn. (If I'm on the same 30, what do I do with the rest of the stitches?)

Row 3: SL1, P to 1 st before gap made in previous row, P2 tog, P1, Turn.

Row 4: SL1, K to 1 st before gap made in Previous Row, K1 tog, K1, Turn. (YEs it says K1 tog, should it be 2??)

Rep rows 3 and 4 until 20 sts rem. P one row. From what I can tell, I only have 20 stitches total on my needle, what do I do with all the other stitches. I'm so confused.

Vickey-MN

Comments (6)

Sponsored
More Discussions