SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
momali3

Please critique my kitchen layout

momali3
16 years ago

We just got preliminary drawings from our architect, and we love the plan, but the kitchen he designed was a disaster. So I have changed it to what you'll see below. The kitchen is 12' wide and 22' long approximately, not counting the breakfast area. I'd like advice about the general layout and also about where might I put a microwave. Also whether or not an undermount sink could be used with a butcher block island top. Other explanations: L-shaped area between the cook top and the double ovens will be lowered--I am short--for a baking center. I am thinking about some open shelves here for big mixing bowls, perhaps appliance garages or a swing up shelf for my stand mixer. The island will be chief daily prep area for ordinary meals. Clean up area is the bottom run of counters with a double bowl sink and the DW. Cabinet area closest to DW will be for glassware above and shelves below shallow in height but deep in depth, if that makes sense, for big platters and other unwieldy serving pieces. Everyday dishes will be stored in pegged drawers either in the island, facing sink and DW, or in the area to other side of sink. Can't figure where to put microwave; DH uses it more than I do. I want it either in a lower shelf in big sink area or at the end of island; he doesn't like a low placement of MW. It does need to be close to breakfast area. Any comments, advice will be greatly appreciated!

Image link:

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert