SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kritter_2010

Completed Kitchen Pictures - Thanks for all the inspiration!

kritter_2010
13 years ago

We did a DIY remodel of our kitchen last year.... We did some of the preliminary work of putting in can lights and the solar tube when we redid our entry and roof last year. I spent hours on Garden Web and had jodi in socal's Fire & Ice backsplash as the background picture on my computer screen! It ended up being up sort of my subliminal advertising and my husband decided we could go ahead and purchase the Fire and Ice. We were able to get some of the darker tiles like Jodi's. We installed it ourselves and sealed it with the enhancing sealer.

Changes: cherry cabinets, natural stain

From cabinets that had been painted twice!

The cabinets have actually darkened quite a bit since these pictures were taken right after installation.

Granite: UbaTuba

Backsplash: Jeffrey Court Fire and Ice

Stove moved from peninsula to side wall and peninsula depth reduced to accommodate bar stools. Peninsula length shortened to allow for bigger walkway into the kitchen.

Vinyl flooring changed to tile w/ glass inserts

Radiant floor heat that will be connected when we get the master bath & bedroom remodel finished! (DH is a plumber - so handy!)

Much hard work and even some tears (over grout color that is splotchy). Far enough removed from it now that I am considering going back over it with the AquaMix Grout Colorant - I used that in my entry and it has been awesome.

Overall, we are so happy with it. The kids can sit at the peninsula now while I am cooking. I hated staying in my kitchen before because I was often by myself. Now people join me while I am working! I love it! Thanks to everyone for the inspirational posts and pictures!

From this:

From kitchen
From kitchen
From kitchen

To this...

From kitchen
From kitchen
From kitchen
From kitchen

On to the Master Bath remodel! Looking at lots of pictures!

Comments (11)