SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bruinjen93

Finished Creamy White Kitchen!

18 years ago

Hi!

I am a frequent lurker here and a not-so-frequent poster, but I want you to know how invaluable you all have been to me during this "process." My friends and family think I'm a bit loopy to claim THS as my most prized resource throughout the remodel, but it is so true! ArtTeacher, Claire de Luna, Fairegold, Femmelady, Mary228,lowspark and so many others, your ideas were truly inspirational.

In our 1940s house, we opened up a wall between the kitchen and dining room, adding a penninsula to separate our new breakfast area from the main kitchen. We also opened up a "window" which overlooked a formally unused space in our addition, turning it into an arched pass-thru to a new formal dining room. We redid our teeny-tiny powder room and replaced the old formica built-ins in our family room with those made of...wood! We also refinished all the wood floors in the house.

We are so fortunate to have had a fantastic GC who was here every weekday from start to finish, enabling completion within 8 weeks.

Here are the details:

Floor in kitchen (and entire house): Red Oak finished in Early American stain

Cabinets: Medallion Brookhill in maple painted with Oyster Vintage glazed finish

Granite: Uba Tuba

Breakfast Bar: Cherry

Fridge: LG French Door Cabinet Depth

Dishwasher: LG

Range: KitchenAid Dual Fuel Convection

Hood: Sirius

Microwave: Panasonic Genius Prestige Convection Microwave

Wine Refrigerator: Marvel Beverage Center

Lights: Seagull Ambiance Lo-Voltage Xenon

Paint in kitchen: Sherwin Williams Olive Branch

Paint in Dining Room and Family Room: Sherwin Williams Tobacco Road

Sinks: Blanco Silgranit in Anthracite

Faucets: Micco Seashore in Oil Rubbed Bronze

(Never MT and Airswitches on Disposals)

Hardware: Top Knobs in Oil Rubbed Bronze

We absolutely love our "new" house!

Thank you for celebrating it with us.

Hope this link works:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jenbruin93/album?.dir=7b33&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos

Comments (33)