SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sheilajoyce_gw

Time to start finishing son's friend's mom's tablecloth

sheilajoyce_gw
16 years ago

As you all may remember, I volunteered to finish a cotton thread crochet tablecloth for a classmate of my son's. His mother died last fall, and in cleaning out her things, he found a start of a crocheted cloth and returned to school looking for someone who will finish it. When I heard the story, I volunteered. He did not have the pattern or any more crochet thread.

Someone here found the pattern from the pictures I forwarded from my son. Thanks again! So I am ready to open the box and look at what I have committed to for the year. I have the measurements for the son's table, and will finish the cloth to fit it. The cloth consists of motifs that are repeated, lots and lots of them, so it will be easy, though tedious, to make it large enough for his table.

Since I do not have her crochet thread or know what she used, I will find whatever looks like a closer match from what I can buy locally. The cloth is stained, etc, so when it is finished, I will wash it and tea dye it so it will appear to match throughout.

Wish me luck. I dislike making so many motifs over and over again, but I told him this would be his graduation gift from the moms. I doubt I will finish it in time for June, not even setting June as a goal.

And I will put it aside as friends' babies arrive and need layettes. It will get done eventually. I spent a couple of years making a crochet thread banquet cloth for myself, so I know I can do it.

Comments (11)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES
More Discussions