SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
3katz4me

really off topic but I've been wondering

3katz4me
18 years ago

about this and when it happened again tonight I thought, I'll ask you all if this ever happens to you or is it just me.

Have you ever noticed pedestrians in parking lots walk right behind your moving car as you're backing up? I am finding this happening more and more often and it's scares the bejeezuz out of me. I look and look to make sure it's safe to back up - no one in sight - then I start backing up slowly still looking back and then suddenly there are people walking right behind my moving car!! What is up with these people?

It happens in my parking ramp at work, the grocery store, now tonight at the shopping mall. Please tell me this happens to someone else - or I am going to think I'm starting to develop some age related driving deficiency and/or peripheral vision problem. Like these people are there all along and I just don't see them until I'm almost ready to hit them!! I find it hard to believe people can be so dumb as to walk within inches of the back of a car that is backing up!!

Comments (25)