SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gw_oakley

Igloo....for you

Oakley
13 years ago

I'm not sure if you celebrate Christmas but in case you do, I found the cards for you to send out! lol

Here is a link that might be useful: Victorian House in Snow

Comments (9)

• Oakley
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I know it's way early, but I love these cards so much I ordered two boxes to send out this Christmas! I may even frame one of the cards.

• maire_cate
    13 years ago

Those were lovely cards. Igloo's home is stunning enough to be featured on it's own card. I forget where her new home is - will she every get snow there? Well she can always photo shop it.

• User
    13 years ago

Very pretty! I love pretty Christmas cards. I about drive poor DH nuts picking them out.

Slightly off topic, I usually have leftover cards from a pack. Do you use those same cards the next year or do you wait a few years before you use them again? Never use them again? I'm getting quite the collection. So far, I haven't used the same ones because I would notice, wouldn't care but would notice, if I received the same card the next year.

• Oakley
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Shee, I usually keep a list of names and I never send the same card twice. Now if a new name pops up on the list, then they'll get an older card.

I don't send near as many cards as I used to, that's why I can buy the one's from the website since there's only 10 in a pack.

• Oakley
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Okay, I'm anal about this card! lol. Because I'm SO sick of the heat and SO looking forward to Fall and Winter and snow, I put the picture of the card as my wallpaper.

It's gorgeous surrounded by the black screen on the computer.

A friend is spending the night tonight and he was looking at pictures of my grandson on the computer and when he saw the "card" he goes, "Now that is beautiful." I told him it's the Christmas card he'll be getting. lol

I just figured out last week I can put almost any picture I see online and use it for my wallpaper. Do you all do that also?

• folkvictorian
    13 years ago

Pretty card, Oakley! Since you got us started thinking about Christmas cards, I'm hereby resolving to get mine started early. I'll get DS dressed up and take some pics to make into photo cards....and I'll do it before December! Thanks for the reminder!

• igloochic
    13 years ago

Lol Christmas already? We never got last years cards out (pics of ds in his Eskimo parka up in kaktovik ak). But should I ever get those out I could then think of sending out the hundreds...yes hundreds that came with the house (pics of the house lit up at Christmas). These (linked) are Fu. But I think I have some inventory to ditch first lol

We just agreed to open up the house for a holiday homes tour That will feature four Victorians in town. But before that takes place I have the tea party in early October and guests nearly every weekend before that. I am fondly remembering the days when no one knew where we lived nor came to visit lol.

• Oakley
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Igloo, were you going to insert a link to the cards?

I'd really like to see a picture of your house on a card. Want my address? lol. But show us a picture anyway.

You'll enjoy this. My family moved out of the house I grew up in when I was 18, so I haven't been back there since.

I was looking at the neighborhood on Google Earth last night and there's a Victorian across the street! All the homes were were really nice and I remember enjoying looking at all of them as a kid, but at the time I didn't know what Victorian was. I'd love to stroll through my old neighborhood again!

• maire_cate
    13 years ago

Igloo - does it snow where you are now?

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH