SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
what_now

Hvac for new build in tn

what_now
10 years ago

I need some help for picking a hvac for a new construction house. House is approx 2,000 sqft.
1st floor 1,188 with main floor master. 2nd floor includes bonus room and 2 bedrooms. The upstairs will only be used when guests stay ( not often). House is in nashville, tn. Both electric and gas are available. Many houses here are all electric My current house has a heat pump and works pretty good. I keep heat usually 67-69 degrees and a/c around 70-74.

Builder specs basic. Either goodman 13 seer heat pump for all electric or GOODMAN, 80 % AFUE / 13 SEER GAS SPLIT SYSTEM WITH ZONE CONTROL
my understanding is they are builder basic. I can upgrade to whatever I want and pay the price difference.

Its pretty moderate here. My all electric 1984 builder basic 1900 sqft electric bill is usually 150 or less with
July, aug, dec, jan and feb higher and the rest at or lower. The highest in five years has been $300 (last month due to extremely cold weather ). The lowest $57 last May.
Rates:

Gas rates, plus 6.69% franchise fee

Monthly Charge Rate/Therm

Nov - mar

17.45 0.83931

April to oct

13.45 0.78931

Electric

Current Seasonal Rate10.404 cents per kilowatt hour (Winter)
A typical NES customer uses approximately 1,300 kilowatt hours of electricity each month.

TVA Fuel Cost Adjustment0.875 cents per kWh
The TVA Fuel Cost Adjustment has increased for March. Customers will see an average Fuel Cost Adjustment charge of $11.38 (based on a 1,300 kWh bill).

NES Customer Charge $11.83 per month
The monthly customer charge is based on the cost of establishing electric service and the recurring fixed expenses that are associated with serving a customer.

Comments (16)