SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pecanpie_gw

Prednisone- any long-term patients?

pecanpie
16 years ago

I have been on prednisone since summer for rheumatoid arthritis, and thankful for the relief. Now on methotrexate, and very gradually weaning off the prednisone, I am wondering if the effects of the prednisone will eventually reverse themselves.

I did not realize until I saw a recent picture of myself that I have the 'moon-face' typical of long-term prednisone users.

Whoa! Who's the fat chick?

I have become a tad apple-shaped, but as we do not own scales (we are so much happer that way!) I don't know how much weight I have gained. I am exercising regularly and eating well (raw veggies, whole grains, nothing out of a box) but my rheumatologist tells me that weight gain is a side effect of the pred. no matter what, so I'm trying to focus on the fact that I feel good, I can exercise now and have for the moment, a pain-free and healthy life. But selfishly, eventually, I would like to have my jawline back...

Can anyone who has been on, then off this drug give me any forecast as to what I might expect? Thanks to all in advance!

Comments (13)