SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wildcat94

New Heat Pump Help

wildcat94
14 years ago

I am just starting the process of looking for a new heat pump system for my house and need a little help as far as direction on what to look for. I have read many posts on this site and the information has been very helpful. So far I only have received one proposal for a new system and plan to get at least one more. The proposal I have is from the Trane dealer and he quoted me 3 different systems and to be honest I am not sure I like what he quoted me.

System one was for a Trane 16i 4 ton unit with a variable speed air handler and 25 kw heat strip unit (live in Kansas and it can get pretty cold). I have read that the XL16 I is not a preferred unit on this site. Also none of the Trane 4 ton units would be able to quality for the $1500 tax credit?

The other two systems that he quoted me were for a XB 14 unit one with a variable speed handler and one without. Not really looking at this option.

I plan to call him and ask for a quote on the XL 15i and the 20i. From what I have read on here the XL15i with a variable speed air handler, dehumidifying thermidistat and staged heat strips sounds like it may be a good choice for me but my not qualify for the tax credit.

My main question is what should I do to make sure I get the tax credit if I am going to go with the Trane product line.

Secondly, the other main dealer in town is a Lennox dealer. Are the Trane HP systems superior to Lennox? And which model number(s) should I be asking for a quote on from them that would be eligible for the tax credit in the 4 ton size.

Thank you for any help in this matter. I am sorry I don't have the exact product numbers for the Trane quote.

Comments (14)

Sponsored
High Point Cabinets
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Columbus' Experienced Custom Cabinet Builder | 4x Best of Houzz Winner