SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bearcat_va

Moving from the crib to the 'Big Boy Bed'-Advice?

bearcat_va
14 years ago

Baby #2 will be here this summer and Brody is still in his crib. Baby #2 will need the crib, so Brody will need to move to a big-boy bed (which we purchased on amazon and the mattress is on it's way--see my memory foam post).

Brody turns 2 in the middle of April. He is a bit low-tone (muscle tone) and still hasn't climbed out of his crib. I don't know if he will ever be able to climb out of his crib before he is 2 (which I know is a good thing).

When is a good time to transition him? I don't want to move him to his twin bed when the baby is here for several reasons. I don't want him to feel like we are taking away the crib to give to the baby and I want him comfortable with his new sleeping arrangement before I am kept up all night for other reasons with the new baby.

We will probably get those side rails to keep him from falling out of the twin bed. Also, the new bed is a platform and only requires a mattress, no boxspring. The bed is about 12 inches from the floor to the bottom rail of the bed--plus 9 inches of mattress. We chose not to go the toddler bed route because the crib converts to a toddler bed and then a full bed, but we figured we'd just do that with #2.

Advice please!

Comments (15)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES