SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
zipdee

Fun with chickens - OR - Can you guess, who's who?

zipdee
14 years ago

As some of you all know over the spring we 'adopted' three cute little fuzzy balls this spring .. which sent us into a coop and run making frenzy. Here we are close to the end of the summer and the chickens are doing great. My girls are all grown up now and I think they'll turned out to be beautiful hens. Thankfully no one turned out to be a rooster. So far no one is laying eggs yet, but I think they'll start here pretty soon. My DH ( who is not a chicken fan :p ) tells them every weekend to start with the eggs or they'll make great chicken and dumplings come fall. The chickens ( who are not my DH's fans ) heckel him with crazy sounds .. the relationship with quite funny to watch. ;) They still think I'm their mama chicken, I go in there and they come running to see me .. and see if I brought them and Jabba the Rabbit any yummy snacks. Jabba is doing great in with them, they still don't 'love' him .. but they tolerate him. Jabba on the other hand has a ball 'harrassing' them .. they are still drama queens and get worked up if he messes with them. The dogs totally ingnore the coop and run now too .. so it's all working out pretty well.

Okay you have to guess who is who .. here they are again as babies and the chicks are labled :

Here they are as adults .. we shall call them chicken A, B & C. See if you can guess who is who?

Chicken A is the smallest and she's ringleader of the bunch, she's always the first to investigate and is very bossy bird ;)

Chickens B lives by the chicken little way of life .. the sky is falling, the sky is falling .. she's the biggest drama queen. If Dave touches her you can hear her scream all the way out front. hehe She ended up being my only 'beardless lady'. The other two have huge beards.

Chicken C is the biggest of the bunch and also the biggest baby. .. she's the quietest and sweetest. She'll basically climb in my lap if I sit down out there .. she loves to get pet.

More pics of them together :

Chicken A was getting PO'd with all the pics, she wanted to know where the treats were.

Comments (8)