SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sbm321

What I'm doing today

Sueb20
10 years ago

I'm so pleased that I've been able to pull this off (so far!) I thought I'd share it with you all. Middle DS' birthday is mid-August and when we were usually home when he was little, most friends would be away or at camp so it was hard to plan birthday parties (we usually ended up waiting til Sept.). For the last several years, we have always been away at our beach house so he never saw his friends on his birthday. He hasn't complained, though. Well, he turns 18 this week and I wanted to do something fun. So, we hired a 13-passenger van/driver (through a very reputable company) that, in just a few minutes, is picking up 12 of DS' friends to bring them all down here for the day. DS has no idea; it's a surprise. It takes about 90 minutes to get here so they'll be here in time for lunch, will have sandwiches, etc., here at the house, then they'll all head down to the beach. Then they'll come back here for a BBQ, wiffle ball, etc., until the van returns at 8 pm.

I'm excited and so ready for the "secret" to be out! Usually DS sleeps til noon (which I allow because until last week he was working FT and out the door at 7 am every day!) so I'm hoping when they all get here, I'll go up and wake him up and he'll stumble downstairs and find his friends in the kitchen. If he's awake before they arrive, we'll have them dropped off around the corner behind our garage, and I'll tell him he has to take some trash out...

I'm also VERY glad and relieved that the weather is absolutely gorgeous today!! We didn't have a rain date!

Comments (30)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations