SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
claire_de_luna

Who is going over old ground? Another Mercury Retrograde...

claire_de_luna
17 years ago

Mercury Retrograde lasts this time until July 28. Since it's a time of going over old ground, I can say I've been doing that for sure. So many things I've thought about or begun, are finally coming to fruition. One of those things is my plan for Emergency Preparedness. In light of Katrina, I had plans to make an Emergency pack, filled with a few changes of clothes, toiletries, important papers. I found a couple of bright orange rolling backpacks this week and started to fill them with some things I'd gathered like flashlights/batteries, a hand crank radio, etc. This afternoon was spent copying papers (Birth Certificates, insurance/medical policies, house deed, etc.) There are two lists; a first tier which includes food, water, meds, petfood/supplies, and a second tier of comfort/family heirlooms to grab if there's time. I've been thinking about this for a long time, so it feels good that I'm about to conclude my personal Emergency Disaster Plan.

Without discussing it first, DH and I both had the same idea on the Same Day of making copies of all the credit cards in our billfolds. I had planned to stop and make copies, and he actually did. Today that's done for me as well.

I've never had a good system for saving receipts. I've tried many places all over the house, but hadn't found the right spot. Yesterday I bought an expandable file and have it stored by the place where I keep my purse when I come in from the garage. In minutes I could tell this is going to work for me. Hooray.

My ''Cellphones/Sunglasses Drawer'' needed some extra electrical outlets so I could charge my Bluetooth and phone in the drawer at the same time. I'm happy to say DH put a power strip (Thanks Jan!) behind the drawer and now I can plug in as many things as I need. Hallelujah.

I've been making plans for our next vacation, to the same place that we didn't get to go last time because of Mercury Retrograde. Since MR rules travel, it only make sense I would be planning the same trip, even if it's at a different time.

Talk about going over old ground! So what have you been reorganizing, reworking, restoring, revisiting or re-evaluating for the last two weeks?

Here is a link that might be useful: Mercury Retrograde

Comments (15)