SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dibgar_gw

SmartStrand Silk vs TruSoft by Tuftex or Shaw?

dibgar
11 years ago

We are looking for carpet for bedrooms, upper hallway and stairs; and we may want to put in the livingroom, as well.

We like the soft feel of SmartStrand Silk (style name Peaceful Mood) but I've heard mixed reviews and our flooring store said that at least two complaints have been filed involving the Silk version of Smartstrand. Most complaints seem to be about abrasion on the soft fibers from vacuuming. I've read that adjusting the beater bar helps; but even with the right vacuum, will we regret this soft fiber in the long run?

As an alternative, we are looking at Tuftex TruSoft which is a Stainmaster nylon. The sample feels soft and the price is comparable or a bit less expensive, but color selection is limited. I understand that parent company Shaw has a wider selection of colors also made with TruSoft fibers, so I will check out that display tomorrow.

How does SmartStrand Silk compare with TruSoft by Tuftex or Shaw? Which will wear better and look good in the long-run?

Our contractor intends to use a rubber pad under whatever carpet we choose.

Before I go back to the store, what other variables should I consider and what questions should I ask?

Comments (21)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!