SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
julieschrader

Tips? Staying in Montreal ... driving to Boston area

Jules
9 years ago

My husband and I are visiting Montreal in a couple weeks, where we'll be staying downtown five nights. It's a combo business / pleasure trip, and we'll have two and a half days of free time, so I welcome your suggestions on things we shouldn't miss. We've never been to Montreal before and will see the city's major highlights on a group tour one day and will dine with the group two nights. We'll also dine with a handful of friends in the group one or two nights and on own one the remaining night or two.

We're ridiculously late in planning the post-Montreal portion of our trip (4-5 nights), which is unlike me because I'm a destination corporate event planner and usually have all travel details buttoned up well in advance. We've been to Quebec City and Ottawa before and spent time along the Maine coast last fall, so we're thinking of driving through Burlington, Vermont (never been) and continuing on to the Boston area, which we haven't visited for a few years. Montreal > Boston appears to be a five hour drive.

How much time would you allow in the Burlington area? Where else should we stop along the route? Once in the Boston area, should we bypass the city (we've done all the sightseeing and walking tours but wouldn't mind revisiting) and head for Hyannis / Vineyard / Nantucket? We've never visited the Cape, but it may be tricky getting good accommodations at this late date.

What would you do?

Comments (22)