SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gneegirl

Please use them -

gneegirl
15 years ago

Turn Signals!!

My car is sitting in my driveway with a major ailment. Since I didn't have a job for a while, I've been using a friend's car (actually my ex's) for he past month. I'm a nervous wreck driving someone else's car, but especially his. Mind you, he has no problem with it, so that is helping. BUT, I can't tell you how many times lately I've been scared out of my wits because people drive like maniacs and then decide to turn - when they get to the corner, and don't use signals. There are entirely too many people on the road to just dart in and out of traffic on highwasy especially, with out using signals. Plus, I think it's a part of driving courtesy. Maybe it's me, but it's happening so much lately that I don't think so. No one uses turn signals anymore. I'm not a "granny" driver, and have been known to blow a few speed limits, but I do use my signal - just to let folks know what I plan to do. It's more important if you are heavy footed. You may scare someone into an accident if you just suddently pop over in front of them or turn too quickly. Also, Truckers cannot stop on a dime if you do that, and they also cannot see you when you just cut in. That I know first-hand.

OK; I'm off my soapbox. But, I still think it's important to use them.

THANK YOU!!

Comments (17)