SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
coastal_modern_love

What's your story? Here's a little history on me...

Hi all!

Just thought I'd post here as LL and some other well known names have "crossed over". There has been some confusion in my postings as I am asking for help on a current project and also recently posted a finished modern kitchen. So here's the story, hence my name:

We bought our home new (full time residence) 8 years ago. It was a solidly built, horribly finished craftsman style plopped in the middle of a 4 acre wooded lot without a driveway. Having 2 kids under 3 and one on the way, I was not ready to tackle the inside so got started on the out. We paved the drive, put in paver patios and walkways, planted about 100 pines of various varieties, landscaped yard, planting beds etc. That took 2 years to complete, but we are still adding and changing to this day. When my youngest was 3 we started on the inside. Finished the basement with toy room, media room, kitchenette/craft room and office. Then came the "modern" kitchen, and modern inspired decor, hoping to redo the bathrooms in the next few years.

4 years ago we purchased a summer house. It was newly updated by the sellers. All we did was paint and plant and we were in! The winter before last, we suffered a pipe freeze/burst, and that along with the 95*+ temps in the house from heat and hot water caused the whole interior and contents to be considered a total loss. The house was gutted and we began the renovations.

I decided to go "coastal" on this design as I just love the look of white linen on driftwood tones and seaglass. This is a new look for me so I have taken to the boards for help. It has been a roller coaster of emotions, and after I got over the initial loss, wanted to make it a fun experience. We are big DIY'ers, when it comes to planning, designing and decorating. Not so much in the building dept., but very involved in every aspect. I just love taking on these projects, and with your help here plan on keeping it up with little updates here and there.

So I hope this was an interesting read into my history and would love to hear your stories as well!!!

Talk soon!

CML

Comments (9)