SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bulldinkie

Looking For Rcipe For Chichen Anchelatta Soup

bulldinkie
12 years ago

I was at chilis this week I got this soup Oh my gosh it was sooo good.Any body have the recipe,I probably mispelled it,I had strips of tortillas on top yum.It was orange colored.I usually stay away from this kind dont like a lot of spice,just had a little.

Comments (6)

• lindac
    12 years ago

I am just guessing....but perhaps you meant "chicken enchilada"?
    Google got me to this site....but first I had to try to guess what you might have meant. LOL!
    Did you order from the menu or did someone suggest the soup?

Here is a link that might be useful: Chicken enchilada soup

• bulldinkie
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Yes after I pushed the last button to post I remembered En,sorry,yes it was on the menu.ty

• bulldinkie
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I read the recipe what is Masa Harina Is it a grain???

• annie1992
    12 years ago

masa harina is corn flour, it's what it normally used to make corn tortillas and can be found in the baking aisle with the cornmeal and other flours.

Annie

• chas045
    12 years ago

Gotta agree. The Chilis soup is good. I haven't been to chilis for years but I would think that it included avocado slices. The linked soup didn't have tortilla strips either.

• shambo
    12 years ago

Chicken Enchilada Soup is basically slurpy enchiladas. Lots of recipes just call for enchilada sauce, grated cheese, masa harina (for that corn tortillas flavor), and chunks of chicken. It can be garnished with just about anything an enchilada would be garnished with -- chopped onion, pico de gallo, sour cream, avocado, chopped cilantro, etc. Sometimes it's garnished with thin, crispy tortillas strips.

LindaC's recipe has you making the enchilada sauce. The one I linked to below starts out with canned sauce. I've made a similar version for years. Alas, the quantities of cheese are too much for a low sodium diet.

Here is a link that might be useful: Chicken Enchilada Soup