SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
carpetlady_gw

DuraCeramic vs. ceramic tile

carpetlady
16 years ago

I am a tiler/installer with 17 years experience. I've installed ceramic tile both residentially and commercially, but when I was introduced to DuraCeramic several years ago, it knocked me out! I took the course, and conferred in depth with accredited installers who had worked with the product before undertaking an installation myself.

I've installed this product for dozens of my clients, all of whom are delighted with the product. There is a reason why Congoleum offers a lifetime warranty. Whether run straight, on a diagonal, or cut down and hand-bevelled for inlays, I have taken photographs of various projects (they are 35mm prints and I don't have a scanner) and I sell a lot of floors off them; I'm seeing a guy in the morning that can't wait to get his DuraCeramic floor in. I will NOT sell in this product ungrouted, as it detracts from the look that the manufacturer intended.

Anyone who tells you that this product is inferior either doesn't understand how it's installed, or has had an installer butcher a job and it's cost them big bucks to replace it. Contact Congoleum for a reputable dealer.

Be advised, like floorguy said earlier, the quality of the installation is tantamount to the long-term performance of your floor.

Good Luck and have a happy floor!

Deb

Comments (2)

Sponsored
High Point Cabinets
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Columbus' Experienced Custom Cabinet Builder | 4x Best of Houzz Winner