SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
golddust

Are you a nervous host?

golddust
14 years ago

We attended Auntie's B-Day party over the weekend. Since we were traveling and staying at the hotel, we arrived early so we could settle in and get dressed.

The cousins were preparing for the party and they invited us in to the pool area while they were setting up. The cousin-in-law was a wreck. She kept saying how nervous she was. I offered to help but she turned me down. Her DH was setting up photos of Auntie through out the years and trying to help his DW. I quickly left to back to go back to our room and DH stayed behind for another 20 minutes.

Later, DH commented to me about his cousin's DW and it was not flattering at all. He said he felt sorry for his cousin. According to my DH, his cousin couldn't do anything right. I said she was just nervous and maybe was taking her nerves out on him. DH *never* makes comments like this. Never.

We host family functions like Holidays with sometimes 35 people. It's true I don't get nervous and try to make it fun for DH but I'm easy going and a planner. I kind of felt sorry for his cousin's wife. I told my DH it was especially good of her to host something like this because it's obviously hard for her. We ended the conversation there but it got me to thinking today. I am wondering how his cousin's wife was treating her DH, specifically. :+)

If you are the nervous host type, do you tend to take out your last minute nerves on your DH? If not, how do you deal with your pre-party jitters? I'd say a glass of wine but I wouldn't dare drink *anything* before hosting a party because, well, maybe I'm a cheap drunk. LOL!

Comments (22)