SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pebbles396

Home Security System

pebbles396
18 years ago

Hi -

Hopefully someone can assist me with this. Recently my husband and I have had a few weird incidents and feel like it's time that we invest in a home security system so we feel more comfortable. I'd appreciate any advice in this process. It seems like we can use ADT (the most expensive), Brinks (moderately expensive but only a hardwire installation), and GE which is all wireless and we install and set up but the most inexpensive. If anyone has any information whether negative or positive it is greatly appreciated.

Additionally we're interested in potentially having some sort of a camera on the front and rear doors. Somewhat to track our dog walker, and housekeeper, but also for security because our house is rather large and it would be nice to know when a pizza delivery person is coming rather than hear the doorbell and then scramble to get to the front of the house.

I'm hoping to sort of have a all in one system that tracks fire, security, etc. I have heard that ADT takes up to 2 minutes to respond to an alarm, but I have also heard that that wireless systems are junk. I'd like to hear anyone's real world experiences. It seems like the camera system will need to be a separately run system, and that's ok.

Thanks again!

Comments (11)