SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mommyto4boys_gw

baseboard and quarter round

mommyto4boys
16 years ago

We are (yeah) going into drywall this week. So, I'm getting things together for finishing! We are using 3/4" prefinished wood in the entire main floor except for family room and the Master Bedroom. Tile will be in the mud room, kaundry room and master bath. Our finish carpenter said he would do the baseboards 1st, have us pain them and then he will do the floors. He says he is custom to putting the round trim everywhere (is that called quarter round?). I first thought it only went where there is hardwood, but have since seen it with tile too. And is this "normal" in carpet areas? Also, what do you prefer with painted boards. The quarter round to be painted to match the baseboards or stained to match the floors? If it is stained to match boards, is it then acceptable to paint it in areas for tile and carpet? Also is there a problem with the differemt heighs of the different floors? I'm sure that is one reason he wants to put it everywhere...to gisguise the variations in floor heights. Plesae share what you have done in your home.

Comments (3)