SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lyfia

A "cooler" getaway - any recommendations?

lyfia
10 years ago

I have a few days off towards the end in August when my daughter and I could go and do a short trip. She is 4 years old, but is an awesome traveler and loves to go places and see sights as long as we mix in sights with play time such as a park, childrens oriented museums, etc. or any place where she feels she can roam and explore.

We went on a road trip last fall with her to places such as Memphis, Nashville, Lexington, West Virginia park, Washington DC, and ended in NYC. She keeps asking when we can go to NYC again.

San Francisco, London, and Paris are also on her list of where she wishes she could go. Not sure why, but I think San Fransico has to do with a commercial by one of the travel sites on TV and the others I'm not sure. We have been to London, but only flew through there so she says it doesn't count.

DH can't take time off until later this year for us all to do a vacation, but he prefers road trips.

We live in Central Texas and I wouldn't mind going somewhere that is cooler for a few days, but I'm wondering if you have any ideas. I would prefer something if we are flying that we don't have to rent a car to get to where we are going and we won't waste too much time traveling either.

Or should we just stay in Central TX and go to one of the resorts and stay the night, or just make day trips to museums or hit up the zoo really early in the morning, although it is high ninties usually by noon.

She has also expressed wanting to go to the beach and that would be a good thing for us to do as DH is not a beach person. I'm not huge on it, but can for a couple of days.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Comments (16)