SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
golddust

Remember Lord Daniel? Great news!

golddust
13 years ago

Daniel is doing so well. Since his Drs do not want him working yet, he has become a gardener. He planted a huge veggie garden and spends his days working in it. He loves it and worries about his garden when he is away. I am trying to get him to take classes in gardening at our community college. His garden has been his therapy.

Daniel went to Florida for a Bechets convention and met several people who have what he does. One person lives in San Francisco, where he goes frequently to see his Drs. They intend to meet up soon but their schedules have not permitted this yet. Daniel's Drs continue to say he had the worst case in all of the USA and we are lucky he is alive.

His illeostomy bag was removed about 5 months ago and he is one happy camper to have all his body parts functioning as they should again. He generally has one or two sores in his mouth and recently dealt with a sore in his eye but that is just an annoyance in his world. "Nothing to even mention," he says. His weight has stabilized at 140 pounds. That is lots less than his old 165 pounds but we'll take it!!

Sandy allowed him to drive to San Francisco by himself in June. This was a biggie for her as she worries he won't tell her what the Drs are telling him and since he tires easily, she worries he will fall asleep while driving. (She called him every 15 minutes and we decided he needed to stop frequently.) He did fine! Personally, I think it is great he went alone. My Sandy needs to let him grow up a little. LOL!

Daniel is certainly our walking miracle but we have no fantasies. Many people die young from this terrible disease.

Comments (20)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm