SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_1288772

Online Book Trading sites

User
11 years ago

I have been a member of bookmooch.com for about 5 years and until recently I've really liked it. First, I'll tell you how it works, then why it's no longer doing it for me.

When you sign up, you list a minimum of 10 books you are willing to send to people. Your account is credited with 10 points that you can use to 'mooch' books from other members. When you 'mooch' a book from someone else, your account is debited 1 point/book. When someone mooches a book from your inventory, your account receives a point. When you add books to your inventory you get credited with 1/10th of a point/book. All you pay is the cost of postage to SEND books. Receiving books is free. So, using USPS media mail, books cost me about $2.50. Since the PO is between work and home, trips to PO are "free".

Now...what's not working? There are hardly ever current best sellers listed and I cannot find any classics (e.g., Hemingway). I've pretty much run through all the popular lawyer/action/intrigue genre and decided to catch up on great American literature. No can do on this site and browsing used book stores is not an option for me.

Anyone have any online used book sites to recommend?

TIA!

Comments (3)