SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susanlynn2012

Help miscalculated & Only have 6.32% extra tiles & not 10% extra!

susanlynn2012
12 years ago

Help, I miscalculated the discontinued tiles and bought the rest they had for the rectified 18 " X 18" tiles thinking I had more than 10% extra but if I round the numbers when doing the calculations to the nearest one (8.53 = 9" and not 8.53"), then I only have 6.32% extra. They have no more tiles in this size and only have 3 square feet bull-nose pieces left. Will I have a problem. My installer did not know as much as I thought by his comment his morning about the thin-set and grout that he felt the store should help me with since he hasn't done too many tile jobs. He is a contractor and he had told me when he was here to do closet doors that he also does tile. I will be interviewing for a new tile guy right away but should I buy the bull-nose pieces or get a similar tile for behind the refrigerator or will I have enough since the numbers are rounded up if I get a good installer. I fell in love with the tile at a neighbors house and they only had 130.77 square feet left but on the phone I thought they said 137 square feet. I did not check when I bought the tile until tonight when I was figuring out if I had enough left over to do the utility room and then I realized I may be short!

Comments (10)