SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_16331601

carseats and grands..how do you do it ?

User
10 years ago

The kids will be here tonight ! Yeah. We have never had our grandson in our Chevrolet 1999 truck since we always visit up there and they drive or we walk . Now we will be about 10 min/10 mi from them and it will likely be a whole different scenario. DIL doesn't drive and will be walking distance from most of what she needs. But...we would like to have grandson over here and also will be wanting to go and get them both to do things together while DS is working.

Now the problem...I have been told by the kids that the car seat they use , and all "new" carseats are easy to put in newer cars...some kind of metal things inside the back of the seat area and they clip to the seat...not using the seat belts. We have our trusty 1999 Chevrolet truck and have nothing like that in the seat area and have no plans to buy another vehicle. DS says it is a huge production to change the seat and put it in the truck and then change it back to put it in their car. I agree...

Do we buy another carseat and keep it in our truck ? What do you do ? Are used car seats as safe as new ? I am in all new territory here. TIA for any and all info on carseats and grands ! c

Comments (25)