SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
johnmari_gw

water shoes?

johnmari
14 years ago

Does anyone have good water shoes with actual foot support? I've gone through about half a dozen pairs in the last year; virtually all of the shoes available at local shoe stores (even the athletic specialty stores) are those little rafting shoes that are basically a spandex or neoprene sock with a rubber bottom. I'm putting in two solid hardworking hours a week at the pool and that concrete is terrible on the tootsies - my plantar fasciitis is flaring up and I think I'm developing bunions. Owie. I tried inserts but they slip and interfere with draining. I've asked the therapists and they don't really seem to have very much of a clue - I should think they'd give people grief about working out barefoot but they don't say word one.

Land's End's water shoes SUCK - absolutely NO foot support. Teva style sandals didn't have enough support and the webbing gave me blisters. Rykas are very narrow (my feet are short, square, and wide) and stiff. North Face water shoes had a weird metal mesh in the mesh bits that eventually got pokey/scratchy, which ticked me off because they were spendy.

Comments (9)