SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lyfia

Popular carpet right now and approx price?

lyfia
17 years ago

I'm in central TX and may be selling my home soon. I've got 2 bedrooms and an office that still have carpet that needs to be replaced (I've been doing some re-modeling with replacing it in mind so there is spilled paint & stain on it). I had planned on doing wood there too, but since I may be selling I think carpet will be better on my pocket as we need all we can get if that is the case. If we decide to stay these rooms are rarely used so I'd be OK having carpet there even though I have allergies. The current berber hasn't caused any issues like the cut pile does to me.

What price range should I expect to pay for a decent, but not top-of the line carpet installed and with a pad that goes with the carpet?

Also what is popular right now. I know frieze (sp?) seems popular, but if I decide to stay I'm not sure I'd like it. I do not want regular cut pile. (Don't like that you see vaccum lines and foot prints) I saw one that I really liked and it has a texture that is pretty simple, still soft on feet not hard as berber, shows no foot prints and doesn't seem to harbor as much dirt & dust as cut pile, but would a textured be a turn-off to potential buyers? I know carpet could be a turn off, but all but these rooms are tile or wood.

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!