SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susanlynn2012

Best Grout Sealer for TEC Premium Accucolor grout

susanlynn2012
9 years ago

I think I will post this on both the Flooring Forum and the Kitchen Forum in case someone with ideas or knowledge sees it.

So far, all the installers do not want to use the Laticrete Spectralock grout that I wanted to use for my kitchen. One installer says he can use any type of grout but can't start for a few weeks and of course is a lot more money and I have to buy the grout. I want to do the kitchen floor before the wood floor so I will not damage the wood floor.

I was given three installers' names that were highly recommended by my tile company and one installer's next big job was pushed off for a few days so he can start Monday (tomorrow) and finish Tuesday. I need to get this kitchen tile job done so I can start the wood floors in the next three rooms. I was comfortable with this installer's experience and knowledge of what I wanted done and what he can or can not do and he is providing the TEC grout for free but it is my responsibility to seal it in 72 hours if I want it sealed. If I do not like how two of the TEC colors dry, he will let me use the Laticrete Permagrout in the Mushroom color I wanted to use but he prefers the AccuColor TEC grout and told me the Antique white is not as gray as the plastic stick and will dry a little lighter and less gray.

I told him he could start tomorrow since he called on Saturday and told me he would need to start Monday or I would have to wait a few weeks if I want to have him do my tile floor. The other two installers cannot start for a few weeks.

If I use this TEC regular grout, what sealer is best to use and do I wait 72 hours? How is it best to apply? I plan to seal the grout often if it needs to be done.

AccuColor's website has a 100% Silicone Sealant but I think his is just for water & not for stain resistance? It also is low Voc but still has Voc's in it.

Comments (8)