SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
leahcate

Elegant Inn mts. of N.C.( featured in Trad.Homes mag) Or??

leahcate
12 years ago

Does anyone remember seeing...years ago... a spread in Traditional Homes magazine on a really gorgeous and pricy inn that was, I think, in N.C.? The name may have "blueberry in it, or not :>/

It was a country inn that featured gourmet cooking classes It may have also been a winery.

I have a friend with the $ for a 5 star, looking for a beautiful get-away destination/ bday gift for his (lucky!) city-bred wife. Told him I'd help, so here I am hollering: Help!" They'd be flying from nyc. N.C. mountains or? Any ideas? TIA!

Comments (17)

• riosamba
    12 years ago

Your description sounds like Blackberry Inn, but it is in Tennessee, not North Carolina. Definitely to die for!

Here is a link that might be useful: Blackberry Inn

• Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    12 years ago

That was my first thought too, Blackberry Inn.
    They might also consider The Inn at Biltmore. Not too shabby.

• leahcate
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Yes! That's it: Blackberry Inn. No idea if it's too tough to get there from NYC, but that is the one I remember...thanks so much BB and Rio! Now to go have a look...thank you for the link :>)

• moonshadow
    12 years ago

Wowza, very nice! I've been in that area on vacation many times and never knew that place was there.

• Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    12 years ago

I read some of the reviews on Trip Advisor last night and it was interesting. Definitely a place where if you have to ask how much something costs, you can't afford it.
    Several detailed reviews about the quantity/value ratio to cost concerning the food.
    Lots of extra fees, that sort of thing. Dinner for two, five hundred, etc.
    I won't be going soon it seems!

• riosamba
    12 years ago

I may be off my rocker, but I think Trailrunner's son may have been a chef there in the not too distant past.

• tinam61
    12 years ago

That was my thought also. Right here in my county. Very pricey, but wonderful food, gorgeous views, etc. A friend's daughter is working there this summer. Her job is to set the tables - she is called a stewardess!

tina

• tinam61
    12 years ago

They would fly into Knoxville, but it is a good 30 minutes (at least) from the airport. I'd suggest they rent a car anyway - the inn is somewhat secluded, they'd need to drive to do/go anywhere else and they would surely want to tour the mountain area.

tina

• Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    12 years ago

I'm not sure why, but that website has caused my computer to freeze up twice. First, when trying to view the gallery of pictures, and second, the next day, when trying to download the dinner menu.

• leahcate
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Yikes! $500 for dinner? It may be too grand! Doesn't look like a direct flight from nyc, anyway, so something of a hassle to get there. If anyone's reading this who has other ideas, please do bring 'em on! For those familiar with NY, is the Hotel Mohunk in the Hudson River Valley mostly for families, or appropriate for a romantic getaway, too? I need to ask on another post, i suppose. TIA again, though!

• Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    12 years ago

Look at the Inn on Biltmore. It's fabulous and while pricey, more normally priced.

And of course, you get all the extras of being at Biltmore.

• Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    12 years ago

Here's the link.

Here is a link that might be useful: Biltmore Inn

• marlene_2007
    12 years ago

Your friend may want to look at Blantyre in Lenox, MA. It's easy for them to get to and it is one of my favorite places in the world with the caveat that it has been a number of years since I've been there.

• leahcate
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Oh BB! The Biltmore looks perfect, with reasonable rates and direct flights, too. I have sent info on this, along with B&B in the Hampton s. My work here is done! Thanks so much everyone. I'll post back if they actually go.
    Oh, Marlene, I love Lenox, and will check Blantyre out for myself, but they go to the Lenox area fairly often, so probably not for this trip. many thanks all!

• Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    12 years ago

For all those reading this who are interested, the Blackberry runs about 1,00-1,500 per night and the Biltmore 250-400.
    Depends on the season, room, etc.

• leahcate
    Original Author
    12 years ago

1,000-1,500 Holey moley :>O
    BTW, you all are the best...thanks agian so much for your help. Now I want to go to the Biltmore and try Blantyre!

• leahcate
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Blantyre looks to die for! Sigh: runs $700-1500 a night.