SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
metchosingirl

Tomorrow I must put my loving Border Collie Rocky Richardo down

metchosingirl
14 years ago

This is just killing me inside. My Border Collie Rocky is 15 1/2, he has a huge lump on his stomach that is non cancerous, but getting to the size that he is really struggling getting up and moving around. I have taken him in the Vet twice to see if they could remove it, but after doing some blood work they say that he has other issues going on possibly with his liver and they wouldn't recommend it. I have been watching him for months wondering if I will know when it's time. Last week he seemed to go down hill, he didn't want to eat his dinner, you had to keep calling him to get him to go for a walk around the yard. He moves so slow, and is panting alot, different from the usual panting that Border Collies do. So with great sadness I went in to the Vet and set up for him to be put down tomorrow at 1pm. The past two days he seems to have gotten a little better, which makes it really hard to follow through. My husband feels it's better to let him go when he is not in total agony then to wait until something really bad happens that forces us to put him down. My heart is breaking, I can't stop the tears, he knows I am upset and he is shaking. Please give me the strength to let go of my precious friend. My own selfishness doesn't want to let him go. I am going to miss him so much, we have been together so long.

Comments (5)

Sponsored