SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mommaseed

Four kiddos and a dog on the way.what would you suggest?

mommaseed
13 years ago

I feel like this type of question has been asked over and over again, yet, I am hopeful that I am simply missing the answer. Thanks for your patience with this "same" question.

We are building a home in which we plan to stay until all our little ones are off to college...at least 17 years but in the meanwhile we need some flooring over the cement slab.

We are needing help with our kitchen and main eating area. Messes and spills still happen as our family is still young. In the neighborhood we are building, most folks use laminate and tile. I am okay with tile in the bathrooms and laundry room but not thrilled about it in the kitchen. While I like the look of tile, I cannot stand the hardness of it.

Our house is set up in such a way we can make all the main living space the same flooring or separate the eating and kitchen from the living room and foyer.

What options do we have that will allow us to use a damp cloth to wipe up spills and messes as well as being softer under foot? I have looked at the luxery vinyl but was not convinced that it would be any softer underfoot as it would be placed over a cement slab.

Comments (6)