SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alisande_gw

More 'Pennies from Heaven'

alisande
19 years ago

For those who didn't read this in the Kitchen Table forum:

We have talked about the "Pennies from Heaven" phenomenon--people finding pennies that would appear to be placed by loved ones who have passed away. This is quite common, and I read the explanation at some point that copper is relatively easy to be manipulated by a spirit. Something about electricity. In any case, soon after my daughter Jill died three years ago I began finding pennies, one at a time, in odd places. Before I made the connection I remember thinking, I can't have dropped this many pennies without realizing it!

The most recent two appeared just last week. Getting ready to have my floor refinished, I emptied out a bookcase and cleaned off the top. I used polish and everything--it was completely bare. I had also vacuumed the floor, paying special attention to the area under the wood stove, which tends to collect a lot of pet hair, particularly around one of the stove legs. I remember cleaning around that leg thoroughly. The next day I found a penny there, right at the leg. And I found one on top of the bookcase. I live alone, so no one was dropping them. Pennies from heaven.

Jill loved this house, and I think she's happy that I've been making improvements. She knows it hasn't been easy, and I think she was sending me encouragement and approval. And, as always, her love.

Susan

Comments (36)

Sponsored